TED Circles is an open platform of small groups that meet for conversations about ideas.
Hosted by volunteers, these weekly or monthly gatherings empower us to dream and debate. Each TED Circle is unique and all are virtually connected through the TED Circles platform - making it possible for local conversations to reach a global scale. The video illustrates how Circles work and why TED believes in them.
Host a TED Circle
Anyone can host a TED Circle! Volunteers are required to register as a host and list each gathering. Once registered, you receive host resources, gain the ability to list the date and location of your Circles, and join a growing global community of TED Circle hosts.
You are responsible for finding a location, inviting people to participate, selecting a Talk related to the monthly theme, and facilitating a productive conversation. Hosting is an important role and TED wants to help you be a great host!
Want to host a TED Circle?Register here
February | How we loveShow Talks
March | Who has powerShow Talks
April | A new world orderComing Mar 1
May | The pursuit of happinessComing Apr 1
September | World of wonderShow Talks
October | How to be a better humanShow Talks
November | Justice and societyShow Talks
December | Money mattersShow Talks
January | The futureShow Talks
Suggest other themes and Talks here
Find a TED Circle
Here are the upcoming Circles and the monthly themes they will discuss. View previous Circles.
- TEDxViennaVienna19 Feb 2020
- Dawn ChangTaipei19 Feb 2020
- Hui Dong, Ayushi Jain, and Javed ShaikMelbourne19 Feb 2020
- Sudeep RauniarKathmandu, Nepal19 Feb 2020
- Alstom TransportationHornell19 Feb 2020
- TEDxLancasterULancaster, UK19 Feb 2020
- TEDxOshkoshOshkosh, WI19 Feb 2020
- Conversations New YorkNY, NY19 Feb 2020
- Andrea OlsonDavenport, IA20 Feb 2020
- TEDxLondonLondon20 Feb 2020
- Winston LiewKuala Lumpur20 Feb 2020
- Ozay OzaydinIstanbul, Turkey20 Feb 2020
- Arunraj SubbarajMuscat20 Feb 2020
- Lindy Boeck & Sally CoffmanChandler, AZ20 Feb 2020
- Jennifer Ganske & Dana RonanBallarat20 Feb 2020
- Dawn ChangTaipei21 Feb 2020
- Systemic GrowthPortsmouth, UK21 Feb 2020
- TEDxSuzhouSuzhou22 Feb 2020
- TEDxNingboOnline22 Feb 2020
- Dawn ChangTaipei22 Feb 2020
- Joanne LawNarre Warren22 Feb 2020
- Orsolya FaludiTargu Mures, Romania22 Feb 2020
- Yahya AlmarhabiJeddah22 Feb 2020
- TEDxAnjoAnjo23 Feb 2020
- Akihiro ItoNagoya, Japan24 Feb 2020
- Beth SocoskiTampa, FL24 Feb 2020
- Millicent TraceyPark City, UT25 Feb 2020
- Darely Villegas (supported by Travis Baird and TEDxSanAntonio)San Antonio, TX25 Feb 2020
- University of Denver NortheastNew York, NY25 Feb 2020
- TEDxNovyPorgSchoolPrague25 Feb 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA25 Feb 2020
- Yahya AlmarhabiJeddah26 Feb 2020
- WWKSeoul26 Feb 2020
- Dawn ChangTaipei26 Feb 2020
- TEDxTangamangaSan Luis Potosi26 Feb 2020
- TEDxMelbourneMelbourne26 Feb 2020
- TEDxNewcastleUniversityNewcastle upon Tyne27 Feb 2020
- Jose Fernandez-CalvoMiami, FL27 Feb 2020
- TEDxPhoenixPhoenix27 Feb 2020
- Winston LiewKuala Lumpur27 Feb 2020
- Think&TalkBogotá28 Feb 2020
- TEDxHoustonHouston28 Feb 2020
- Rohit Kumar VermaHong Kong28 Feb 2020
- Starlett HendersonOnline28 Feb 2020
- TEDxYouth@LiceoRighiCesenaCesena28 Feb 2020
- Mónika BalázsBudapest28 Feb 2020
- John Cabot UniversityRome28 Feb 2020
- Gerardo BetancourtMexico City29 Feb 2020
- Maria Grzyb and Gabriela KordyśTarnów29 Feb 2020
- TEDxLujiazuiOnline29 Feb 2020
- TEDxUdineUdine29 Feb 2020
- Love Learning ConferenceLahore29 Feb 2020
- TEDxVareseGallarate01 Mar 2020
- Lisa RoggSanta Monica03 Mar 2020
- TEDxNewcastleUniversityNewcastle upon Tyne03 Mar 2020
- Jo Dee DavisColumbus, OH04 Mar 2020
- Systemic GrowthPortsmouth, UK04 Mar 2020
- Conversations New YorkNY, NY06 Mar 2020
- María Del Mar CáceresMariano Roque Alonso, Paraguay07 Mar 2020
- Activate Mental HealthPerth07 Mar 2020
- Karen MinvielleFayetteville, GA, USA08 Mar 2020
- Maja ZawierzeniecWarsaw09 Mar 2020
- Brantlee UnderhillNewtown Square, PA10 Mar 2020
- Mel RosenbergRamat Gan11 Mar 2020
- PUC MinasBelo Horizonte11 Mar 2020
- Julie Wilson & Alyssa HamptonNY, NY12 Mar 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA12 Mar 2020
- Jennifer Ganske & Dana RonanBallarat12 Mar 2020
- Marco Antonio RizzoFerrara13 Mar 2020
- Gerardo BetancourtCancún13 Mar 2020
- TEDxCoventGardenWomenLondon14 Mar 2020
- Melissa StewartSummerville, SC15 Mar 2020
- TEDxZorilorCluj-Napoca15 Mar 2020
- Lynn Garofalo-WrightPasadena, CA18 Mar 2020
- TEDxSeoulSeoul18 Mar 2020
- University of Buenos Aires, Faculty of LawBuenos Aires19 Mar 2020
- Luis ViramontesZacatecas19 Mar 2020
- TEDxLeamingtonSpaLeamington spa19 Mar 2020
- Ozay OzaydinIstanbul, Turkey20 Mar 2020
- RADIANTISMSurabaya21 Mar 2020
- University of Denver, NortheastNY, NY23 Mar 2020
- McPherson Public LibraryMcPherson, KS23 Mar 2020
- TEDxLondonLondon23 Mar 2020
- University of Denver, NortheastOld Greenwich, CT23 Mar 2020
- TEDxLivornoLivorno24 Mar 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA24 Mar 2020
- André CalouSão Paulo24 Mar 2020
- Millicent TraceyPark City, UT25 Mar 2020
- Matt Phelps & Tori LeongSan Francisco, CA26 Mar 2020
- Jose Fernandez-CalvoMiami, FL26 Mar 2020
- Think&TalkBogotá27 Mar 2020
- Joanne LawNarre Warren28 Mar 2020
- Akihiro ItoNagoya, Japan29 Mar 2020
- University of Buenos Aires, Faculty of LawBuenos Aires30 Mar 2020
- Antonia FluturicaBucharest31 Mar 2020
- Starlett HendersonOnline31 Mar 2020
- Jo Dee DavisColumbus, OH01 Apr 2020
- María Del Mar CáceresMariano Roque Alonso, Paraguay04 Apr 2020
- Activate Mental HealthPerth04 Apr 2020
- Jody ThoneStillwater, MN04 Apr 2020
- PUC MinasBelo Horizonte08 Apr 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA09 Apr 2020
- TEDxCoventGardenWomenLondon11 Apr 2020
- Mel RosenbergRamat Gan12 Apr 2020
- Lisa RoggSanta Monica14 Apr 2020
- Julie Wilson & Alyssa HamptonNY, NY16 Apr 2020
- TEDxSeoulSeoul16 Apr 2020
- Brantlee UnderhillNewtown Square, PA16 Apr 2020
- RADIANTISMSurabaya18 Apr 2020
- McPherson Public LibraryMcPherson, KS20 Apr 2020
- Ozay OzaydinIstanbul, Turkey20 Apr 2020
- Luis ViramontesZacatecas23 Apr 2020
- Andrea OlsonDavenport, IA23 Apr 2020
- Akihiro ItoNagoya, Japan26 Apr 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA28 Apr 2020
- Antonia FluturicaBucharest28 Apr 2020
- Gerardo BetancourtCancún30 Apr 2020
- Starlett HendersonOnline30 Apr 2020
- Lisa RoggSanta Monica05 May 2020
- TEDxCoventGardenWomenLondon09 May 2020
- Brantlee UnderhillNewtown Square, PA12 May 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA14 May 2020
- RADIANTISMSurabaya16 May 2020
- TEDxSeoulSeoul20 May 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA26 May 2020
- Luis ViramontesZacatecas28 May 2020
- Akihiro ItoNagoya, Japan31 May 2020
- Activate Mental HealthPerth06 Jun 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA11 Jun 2020
- RADIANTISMSurabaya20 Jun 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA23 Jun 2020
- Activate Mental HealthPerth04 Jul 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA09 Jul 2020
- TEDxLancasterMount Gretna, PA10 Jul 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA28 Jul 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA13 Aug 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA25 Aug 2020
- Activate Mental HealthPerth05 Sep 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA10 Sep 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA22 Sep 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA08 Oct 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA22 Oct 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA12 Nov 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA24 Nov 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA10 Dec 2020
- TEDxLancasterLancaster, PA22 Dec 2020
About TED Circles
We believe that meaningful conversations create interpersonal connections that collectively strengthen communities. Through TED Circles, a host can invite their friends, neighbors, strangers, or a mix - many who have not attended TED or TEDx events - into their home, school, office, and more to discuss a variety of interesting topics. TED provides monthly themes, recommended Talks, and specific conversation starters so the host can focus on engaging everyone in constructive conversations. Here’s a summary of what TED Circles are and are not:
- They are volunteer-hosted, small, face-to-face (in-person, online) gatherings where topics are safely discussed.
- They are not a TED event, they are not a club or a one-off gathering, and they do not sell things or raise money.
TED Circles are purposefully easy to adopt so they occur regularly plus they are easy to adapt so they reflect hosts’ and guests' style. With many possibilities come many questions:
Who can host a TED Circle?
Anyone! Register to host a TED Circle.
Who can participate in a TED Circle?
Hosts invite guests to participate in their Circle.
What is discussed during a TED Circle?
TED provides monthly themes with aligned Talks and questions to support, not limit hosts. Hosts are welcome to select any content that relates to the monthly theme. Further, hosts may suggest guests watch the content independently beforehand or together at the beginning of the TED Circle.
Where do TED Circles take place?
Locations for TED Circles include yet are not limited to: homes, parks, cafes, schools, workplaces, libraries, etc... and extend to online spaces through video calls!
When do TED Circles take place?
Scheduling can be set by the host or collaboratively agreed with the guests. TED Circles are intended to last between 1-2 hours and occur at least monthly.
If you have additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules of engagement
TED Circles is an open platform which welcomes everyone who believes in TED's values and wishes to engage in constructive conversations about ideas. A volunteer-powered platform calls for some ground rules.
Each Circle is independent but all TED Circles are connected virtually and through a shared brand. Hosts and Circles that do not adhere to the spirit and rules of the program or harm the community in any way will be removed from the program and must discontinue the use of the TED Circles brand. If you notice non-compliance, please email email@example.com.
Tell the world about your Circle
Every TED Circle Host is required to annually register their Circle on TED.com and list each gathering. This does not mean that the Circle is open to the public - hosts decide if the Circle is closed (by invitation only) or open (accepting new participants) - but it provides official designation as a TED Circle.
Show off your TED Circles affiliation
When a TED Circle is registered and active, the host may present themselves as a TED Circles Host and use TED-provided TED Circles logo and designs. Always be clear that TED Circles are volunteer-hosted gatherings, not TED events produced by TED staff, and accordingly use the TED Circles logo, not the TED logo.
Hosting is a big opportunity and responsibility. Each TED Circle Host must ensure the safety and comfort of their Circle.
Do it for public good
TED Circles are a volunteer endeavor and free to attend. Hosts may ask for in-kind contributions (such as food and meeting space). Hosts and participants may not use TED Circles to gain revenue sponsorship, make money, raise funds, or organize crowdfunding.
Focus on ideas
TED Circles uphold the spirit of TED, focusing on the power of ideas. Welcoming a wide range of perspectives, TED Circles encourage equal participation within a safe environment that promotes curiosity, open-mindedness, debate, inclusion, and generosity. Agendas and self-promotion have no place in these conversations.